Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Diabeetus!

As a lot of you know, I have diabetes. I'm not gonna complain about the finger pokes, injections, blood sugar spikes and drops, or anything like that. But it is important to know these things when considering the importance of finding a cure. And these things are just the easy stuff! There are thousands of people, children even, who have a lot of difficulty managing their blood sugars and consequently, their lives. That's why I'm participating in a 10 mile bike ride called Tour de Cure to raise awareness, prevention, and to help find a cure for diabetes. However, I need to raise $200 (at least! More is always great!) by then. That's where YOU come in. :)

You can always donate (anonymously if you prefer) at my tour page or in person to me. I really appreciate it!


Last year I got to participate and it was an amazing experience! I got a jersey for being a "Red Rider" or a rider with diabetes, and when I finished, I got special applause for it. It felt so incredible, like I was receiving much more support than I have ever received in my life. It's really hard to explain how awesome it was. I'd like to experience that again this year! So Help me out, please? :)


Until Next Time,
Still a Diabetic!





No comments:

Post a Comment