It's early Summer... I think. I don't know, it's warm. Grandma Estella calls me to the middle room. My bed may have been in there, but Casey's bed was always closer to the window anyway, so the thing didn't touch MY blanket. And also that's how it's painted in my mind. The window is wide open. The sun is shining off of our extensively overgrown lawn. The raccoon is chilling in the windowsill. I shut the door. My thoughts, translated into a language my current self can speak, were as follows:
Fuck that.
My brain thought of that one when I asked it for a random memory. I'm not sure why it chose that particular setting but maybe it set a course for my life. From that moment on, "Fuck that" would be a reoccurring theme in my life.
Anyway, my dad and uncle ended up coaxing the critter out of the house with a 2x4. All was well. The point is, I bought a house with Ryan. And that's what got through channel.
You should post more.
ReplyDelete