Monday, March 19, 2012

I Love Quidditch Players

They are easily some of my favorite kind of people. The passion of a competitive sport PLUS the basis of Harry Potter... these are the kind of people I want to be surrounded by. I can't help but to be in a good mood around my team. The fire I feel in me when my head is down, my eyes are shut, knee on the ground, and I'm waiting to hear the "b" in "brooms up" is such an incredible thing to feel when you know 13 other people on the pitch are feeling the same thing you are. 

I'll stop swooning over Quidditch now, and just give an update on the last week of my life. SO MUCH PLANNING. But our tournament went extremely well. 5 teams ended up there: us, the Jetpack Ninja Dinosaurs from Space, Ball State University, IUSB, and Central Michigan University. Even though we had some road bumps along the way, I would have to say it was extremely successful. We ended up taking third, and I have never been so proud of my team. Every single person played from the heart and you could definitely see it. The programs we made came out really well, the pitch turned out nice, the weather was gorgeous, the sound system worked well, and the people were awesome.

We've got another tournament coming up on the 31st at MSU. I'm hoping I'll be up and running again by next week so I can get some more practice in. I'm ready to get on the ground again. I can't wait. 

Until next time,
Quidditch or GTFO.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment