Among many things they were right about like love and school is friendship. I kinda had an inkling that they'd be right that I'd experience heartbreak a couple times before I found the right one and that I'd probably change my mind about what I want to do in college. Of course, not to this degree but I had some sort of idea. However, when they said that the friends you make in college are the ones that are going to be around forever, I called bullshit. There was no way that I was going to lose the friends in high school. We all had so much fun together! Now, I probably talk to 2 people on a daily basis. Maybe one more like once per week, but that's about it. Mostly it's "hey, I miss you! Let's catch up!" which is true, I do miss them and want to see them, but these are the people I thought I'd talk to everyday, no matter where we went after high school.
Now, my best friend goes to school with me. I hang out with him literally every day that I'm here, and there's no doubt we'll be friends forever. He's like the mellow I need while still having the same high-energy personality that I need in a friend. And of course there's Emily, who lately I don't get to hang out with a whole lot (and I miss that TONS), she's very similar to me with the aspects that I like about myself while being her own person. She's one of the very few down to Earth girls I know, and sometimes she unknowingly chills out the bad-crazy side of me. And DeLain... who is a great role model, a really good listener, and someone I can also see myself being friends with for a long time.
The crazy thing about just these 3 is that I never would have had any idea that they'd be the closest ones to me while I was here when I first met them. In reality, this year brought me so much closer to them all that I feel like only because of them am I able to loosen up my grip on some of the things I was trying to hold onto at home. I hope they're going to be the ones my parents talked to me about before I even met them. And of course, there's so many people I'm STILL meeting! My Quidditch team consists of some of the most interesting and admirable people I know. They have great hearts and the kind of fire inside them that I find to be essential in enjoying life. I'm becoming closer to some people I thought I never would and I can't explain how happy that makes me.
So many different and AWESOME people... I'm thankful for so many of them. I'm thankful for the ones that were once a part of my life and may or may not be anymore as well. and I'm going to be honest when I say that there's a couple of you that I miss way more than I should. But without them, who knows if I'd know some of the people I do now. I'm so glad that my parents were right.
I hope you are lucky enough to find friends that are as amazing as mine. Remember that not everybody is a bad egg. In fact, I've learned that most people aren't. Try to find the best in everyone and with that, I think you will find the best in yourself.
Until next time,
No Regrets
Yep...you are seeing the light.
ReplyDelete